Cactus Exotic Foods, located at 1911 Finch Ave West, North York, ON M3N 2V2, is looking for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of Cashier. The chosen candidate will be expected to begin working as soon as feasible. The job openings are for full-time or part-time positions. Day, Evening, and Weekend shifts are available.
Employer Name: Cactus Exotic Foods
Position: Cashier, supermarket
No. of vacancies: 2
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 10 to 20 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, part time
Location: 1911 Finch Ave West, North York, ON M3N 2V2
Description of the Position
- The candidate will be expected to use cash registers to manage consumer transactions.
- The candidate will be in responsible of collecting payments, whether they are cash or credit card payments.
- Scanning will be required of the candidate.
- The candidate must figure out how much he or she will have to pay for goods or services in total.
- Accepting payment for goods or services will be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Stocking shelves and cleaning the counter area will be the responsibility of the candidate.
- The candidate will be expected to wrap products or place it in bags.
- Weighing produce and bulk items will be required of the candidate.
- Excellent customer service will be required of the candidate.
- Calculating daily/shift payouts and reconciling them with total sales will be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Customers will be greeted, their inquiries will be answered, they will be assisted in selecting things, and they will be given advise or recommendations.
- The candidate will be required to verify the age of customers when selling lottery tickets, alcohol, or tobacco products.
- Cross-selling and introducing new items will be expected of the candidate.
- The candidate will be in charge of quickly and efficiently processing merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Pricing changes will be entered using price sheets and special sale bulletins by the candidate.
- Customers will expect the candidate to assist them with self-checkout.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining track of balance sheet transactions and reporting any inconsistencies.
- The candidate will be responsible for balancing the cash drawer at the start and end of each work shift by counting cash.
- Customer complaints will be resolved, customers will be guided, and necessary information will be provided.
- Accepting reservations or take-out orders will be expected of the candidate.
- To reach store goals, the candidate would be expected to create a positive work environment.
Qualifications for the Position
- The candidate should be able to communicate effectively in English.
- The candidate must have a secondary (high) school diploma as a minimum qualification.
- An experienced candidate is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will be a good team player with strong interpersonal and judgmental abilities.
- The ideal applicant is well-organized and adaptable.
- The candidate must be on time.
- The candidate must be responsible.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate should be able to provide great customer service.
- The candidate must be extremely efficient and precise.
- The candidate must be well-versed on product prices and descriptions.
- The candidate should be approachable and friendly.
- Safety protocols and techniques should be well-understood by the candidate.
- The candidate must be self-assured.
- Values and ethics should be prioritized by the candidate.
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- The candidate must be able to take action on their own.
- To accomplish all activities swiftly, successfully, and efficiently, the candidate must be in good physical and mental health.
- The ideal candidate would be well-versed in time management and able to prioritize tasks.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational abilities and be able to multi-task.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination is required of the candidate.
- In tense situations, the candidate must maintain his or her composure.
- Excellent cashier and clerical abilities would be required of the perfect candidate.
- The candidate should be comfortable handling money.
- Professionalism and patience will be required of the candidate when dealing with reasonable complaints/requests.
- The candidate must be able to properly and responsibly handle transactions.
- Computer Applications and Business Equipment
- Electronic equipment such as cash registers, price scanners, Interac machines, and point-of-sale terminals should be known to the candidate.
Physical Capabilities and Working Conditions
- The ideal candidate will be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced setting.
- The applicant must be able to work under duress.
- On a regular basis, the candidate should be expected to complete repetitious duties.
- The candidate must have a keen sense of detail.
- The candidate must be willing to work in bending, crouching, and kneeling positions for long periods of time.
- The individual should be expected to carry big loads on a regular basis.
- Physically, the candidate must be able to do repetitive hand movements while reaching shelves of varied heights.
- The candidate must be willing to work for lengthy periods of time in various positions, including sitting, standing, and walking.
- The candidate must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
How To Make An Application
If you’re interested in applying, use the options provided.
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org