Are you a Mazda car lover, and you are asking how long do Mazda CX-5 last? If yes, this article is your answer and other valuable information you need to know about this car model.
1. Mazda CX-5 Durability: How Long Do Mazda CX-5 Last?
A Mazda CX-5 can last for 13 – 17 years, translated to 200,000 and 250,000 miles if well maintained. This equates to an average annual mileage of 15,000 miles. As such, it is regarded to be reliable and highly durable.
2. Is the Mazda CX-5 a reliable car?
Mazda, like other Japanese cars, is no exception when it comes to reliability and durability.
The CX-5 is a Japanese product that has gained a global reputation for reliability and durability. According to the RepairPal rating scale, the CX-5 is awarded the 1st position on the list of reliable, compact SUVs with a 4.5/ 5.
Also, Edmunds ranked it on a score of 8.1/10, which is brilliant.
Additionally, Kelly Blue Book, based on the customer satisfaction scale, awarded it a 4.5/5 rating.
3. Do Mazda CX-5 have a lot of problems?
The Mazda CX-5 does not have many problems. So far, only the sum of 366 complaints has been made over eight generational CX-5 models. Most of the reports were basically on significant windows issues and brakes concerns.
4. What is the highest Mazda’s CX-5 highest mileage?
Depending on the maintenance and driving style, CX-5 can surpass 250,000 to 300,000 miles with the aid of its robust engines. Based on customer report survey, most people have reported that their CX-5 ran for over 200 000 miles, and little or no change was experienced.
5. Is Mazda CX-5 expensive to maintain?
6. How often does a Mazda CX-5 need an oil change?
The engine oil on the CX-5 must be changed at least once yearly or within 7,500 miles). Before replacing the engine oil, reset the engine oil data regardless of the indicator light display message.
7. How Long can Mazda CX-5 Last before Rusting?
There are not plenty cases of rusting of the Mazda CX-5; as such, it is not a significant problem of the CX-5.
Most of the rust issues reported were not very serious cased and did not affect the functioning of the car.
- Exhaust pipes
- Parts of the vehicle’s underside
However, when you live in a rust-prone environment, you may have to take extra measures to protect your car. After three years of acquiring it, one customer living in a coastal area reported seeing rust appear on his car.
Some below are the care tips you must follow if you live in coastal, icy, or high humid areas:
- Rustproofing coating: This entails spraying your car with a rustproof substance that helps provide an additional layer of protection for your CX-5, which can prevent rusting.
- Regular Washing. Regular washing of your CX-5 is necessary to prevent the buildup of substances that can cause rusting to the car. It is crucial during the winter season and for those that live in the coastal and icy areas.
- Park in the garage. Park your Mazda CX-5 in a clean and dry to protect it from being exposed to harmful atmospheric substances.
- Regular Inspection. Regular inspection of your car’s undercarriage and surface helps you quickly identify openings or chips on the car’s body. This is necessary because it is easier to treat it early before it becomes s a big problem.
8. How Long do the Mazda CX-5 Transmissions Last?
With proper care and maintenance, a Mazda CX-5’s transmission can last approximately 150,000 miles.
However, to ensure a longer transmission, you must:
- Regularly check your transmission fluid to ensure that your car is up and running smoothly.
- Treat any form of transmission grinding or whining with a sense of urgency to ensure it is treated early to avoid being a bigger problem.
9. How Long Does the Mazda CX-5 Last in Contrast to Similar Car Models?
Contained in this table are the different ways by which Mazda CX-5 differs from other similar models.
|Mazda CX-5||Nissan Rogue||Honda CR-V||Ford Escape|
|It is more of an SUV with sporty features||It is a complete compact SUV.||Similar to the Mazda CX-5, it is an SUV with some sporty features.||It is a midsize SUV with a bulkier size than the CX-5|
|A Mazda CX-5 can last for 13 – 17 years, translated to 200,000 and 250,000 miles if well maintained. This equates to an average annual mileage of 15,000 miles.||The Nissan Rogue has a slightly shorter lifespan which lasts around 200,000 miles.||The Honda CR-V has one of the most extended life of 20 years, equating to 250,000 to 300,000 miles.||The Ford Escape has one of the shortest lifespans, which is about 150 000 to 200,000 miles.|
|On RepairPal, the Mazda CX-5’s reliability rating is 4.5/5||On RepairPal, the Nissan Rogue reliability rating is 4.0/5||On RepairPal, the Honda CR-V reliability rating is 4.0/5||On RepairPal, the Ford Escape reliability rating is 4.0/5|
|The average annual maintenance cost of Mazda CX-5 is $447||The average yearly maintenance cost of Nissan Rogue is $467, which is $20 above CX-5||The average annual maintenance cost of a Honda CR-V is $407, which is $40 cheaper than the CX-5||The average yearly maintenance cost of Ford Escape is $600, which is $153 higher than the CX-5|
10. How Long do the Mazda CX-5 Brakes Last?
The Mazda CX-5 factory standard brakes can last for between 30,000 and 60,000 miles depending on how the car is being driven (whether roughly or smoothly)
Do note that controlled and smooth braking helps your brakes to last longer.
11. How Long do the Mazda CX-5 Tires Last?
Mazda factory standard tires can last for 50,000 miles and are dependent on two factors:
- Maintaining the correct tire pressure as instructed by the owner’s manual.
- The rate of the time rotation; regular rotations help to ensure even wear.
13. How Long do Mazda CX-5 Spark Plugs Last?
Similar to most modern vehicles, the CX-5 spark plugs can last for 100,000 miles.
14. How much is the Insurance Cost of the Mazda CX-5?
The average annual insurance cost of a Mazda CX-5 is $1,350. The older the model, the cheaper the insurance cost.
How to Prolong the Life of your Mazda CX-5
To enjoy your Mazda CX-5, you must keep and practice the following instructions.
- Keeping to date on your scheduled maintenance
- Regular washing and inspection of your vehicle
- Avoid aggressive stops and starts and drive smoothly
- Treat with urgency any problem you notice while driving
Mazda CX-5 Worst Model Year
According to Car Complaints, the worst Mazda CX-5 car model is the 2016 model, which has received the highest complaints ever than any other model with a margin of 137 in total.
Additionally, it was known for weak windshields that break easily, premature brake wear, and brake failure in extreme cases.
Furthermore, issues like the failure of the LED daytime running lights were also reported by many customers. These issues cost around $1,100 to fix and constantly occur at every 44,000-mile mark, which is very bad.
Mazda CX-5 Best Model Year
From research and stat received from customers, the best model year is the 2020 Mazda CX-5, which is technologically advanced and equipped with AI aided features, plus the fact that it is environmentally friendly.
Currently, no complaints have been registered against the 2020 model, according to the data from Car Complaints.
However, since 2016, the complaints on Mazda CX-5 have dropped massively. The complaint keeps going down, and as stated earlier, no fuss has been given on the 2020 model, which shows that the Mazda company is dedicated to seeing that their car becomes the best in the consumer marketplace.
I know that your question, “how long do Mazda CX-5 last, “s adequately answered with the above information. For further information, you can kindly keep up with our blog posts. You can check Why your car won’t start, but the radio and lights are on [Explained and Solved]